During the months of December through March, we host about 8 homeless men or three families on Saturday evenings, twice a month at our new property! We provide dinner, a warm bed, showers, laundry, Sunday breakfast and a bagged lunch to go. Volunteers provide the meals, pick up and drop off guests at Urban Ministries, eat and talk with the guests, and some spend the night.
These are the following volunteer positions:
- Set up rooms: 3 volunteers – arrive at 4:30pm, no supplies required
- Dinner main dish for 12: 1 volunteer or cell group – arrive with cooked dish by 5pm. Pasta is not preferred. Volunteers are expected to serve dinner.
- Dinner side dish for 12: 2 volunteers or cell group – arrive with dish by 5pm
- Dessert for 12: 1 volunteer – deliver by 5pm
- Drinks for 12: 1 volunteer – deliver by 5pm
- Spend the Night: 2 volunteers – men only, arrive at 9pm
- Transportation PM Pick Up: 3 volunteers – men only – pick up 3-4 people at Urban Ministries Uptown at 5pm
- Breakfast dish for 12: 1 volunteer or cell group – drop off by 6am. Volunteers are expected to serve breakfast.
- Lunch packed to go for 12: 1 volunteer or cell group – drop off by 6am
- Transportation – AM Drop Off: 3 volunteers – men only – drop off 3-4 people at Urban Ministries Uptown. Arrive at house by 7:30am.
- Clean Up: 2 volunteers put away supplies, laundry, clean bathrooms, sweep floors and check property. Arrive at house at 7:30am.
- Interested in helping?
Sign Up to Volunteer: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c4fa5ad28a7fc1-room1
Questions or ready to volunteer? Contact Amy Russo